On April 21 runners from all across the United States will set out to complete America’s Toughest Road Marathon, and you’re invited to capture the excitement.
The National College Blue Ridge Marathon presents the second annual photo contest, “26.2 JPEG”, documenting the toughest road marathon in the country. Amateur and professional photographers are invited to submit images that bring to life the excitement, difficulty, beauty, and achievements of the marathon and its runners.
- $15 (includes up to three image submissions).
- $20 (includes up to four image submissions).
- $25 (includes up to five image submissions).
- $300 first place.
- $150 second.
- $50 for third.
- Kim Parker
- Stephanie Klein Davis
- Kurt Rheinheimer
- April 20 – Runner expo at Taubman Museum.
- April 21 – Blue Ridge Marathon and Half Marathon.
- May 6 – Application, entry fees, and email submission of photos with supporting documentation.
- May 23 – Finalists announced via email notification.
- May 29 – Award ceremony at 202 Market (5:30pm).
- Images can be created via any form of photography, but must be submitted in digital format.
- All photography must be original and created by the registered participant.
- By submitting photos you are giving the marathon permission to legally use your photo(s) in marketing and promotional materials including websites, print media, and editorial content. A completed release must accompany the submission of your images.
Photo Submission Format:
- All photos must be submitted (digitally) by 5pm on May 6.
- File format:
- Saved as JPEG, 72 dpi, saved at “high” quality.
- Pixel count must not be more than 1200 on the longest side
- Save file name as: lastname_firstname01.jpg, lastname_firstname02.jpg, etc.
How To Register:
- Click “Add to Cart” button below to register (credit/debit card only)
How To Submit Files:
- 1). A completed release must accompany the submission of your images. Complete it and save it to your computer.
- 2). A completed application which includes photo descriptions must also be included. Complete it and save it to your computer.
- 3). Once you’ve completed steps 1 & 2, and appropriately named your image files, click hereto submit your photos and accompanying documents.
- You will be redirected to the Roanoke Regional Partnership’s Yousendit.com Dropbox.
- Fill in your name, email, and use subject line “26.2 JPEG - yourname”.
- Choose “select file” and then navigate to your completed release, application, and images.
- Once you’ve uploaded all the files click “send it”.
- You’re done!
- For more information, or if you have questions please email Troy Lenderking at email@example.com.