Posted on January 12, 2015
We know you like swag, and we like giving it to you. We’re constantly on a quest to bring more and more to you so check back often. But for now, here is what we’ve got in store for 2015:
- Pair of the brand new Farm to Feet sock called “The Roanoke”. U.S. made with U.S. merino wool.
- Unique finisher medals
- Technical short sleeve event shirt
- Complimentary beer at the post-race festivities
- Live music at post-race festivities
- Recovery zone complete with massages
- Runner-only food tent at finish line
- 19 aid stations that include a toilet, water, and GU Brew. Certain stations will have food and gels.
Posted on April 10, 2014
Thousands have climbed Mount Everest. Hundreds have run across the United States. But no one had ever run the route of the Tour de France until Zoe came along. Last May, Zoe Romano made history by being the first person to accomplish this daunting feat. She ran to save the lives of critically ill children through World Pediatric Project.
To learn more about both Zoe’s running and philanthropic journey go to her website at www.zoegoesrunning.com.
Make sure if you decide to join us that you let us know your coming by joining our facebook event. You’ll have three whole miles to pick Zoe’s brain about what inspired her to make way on such an epic journey. Plus you’ll be able to loosen up before the real run.
For all you Twitter users…follow @BRM26pt2 and @zoeromano, and use #runblueridge.
Posted on April 7, 2014
Add a few features to your Blue Ridge Marathon experience.
Pasta Dinner Tickets featuring guest speaker Zoe Romano:
- Friday (6:30pm)
- 3rd floor of City Market Building (where registration/packet pick up is)
- Limited seating (pre-purchase highly recommended). Unsold tickets will be available at the door on first-come-first-serve basis.
- Learn more and purchase tickets in advance
Real-time pace notification:
- Notification sent to family and friends every time you cross a timing mat along the course (Start line, mile 5.5 (half), mile 14.6 (full), mile 22.1 (full) and Finish).
- Only available for full and half marathon runners.
- Must register by April 10. There are no onsite registrations for this feature.
- To purchase this feature follow this link and choose the “Additional Purchase” option. Use password “BRM1550″ and then add your purchase. Please be sure to use the same name and email that you used to register for the race.
G. Love & Special Sauce Concert:
- There will be free live music (part of the Down by Downtown Music Festival) from 9am-3pm in the Elmwood Amphitheater (finish line area)
- A ticketed concert featuring G. Love & Special sauce will begin at 6pm (gates open at 5pm) in the Elmwood Amphitheater
- Runners may purchase discounted tickets (up to two per runner). $12 per ticket.
- April 10 – last day to pre-purchase concert tickets. Tickets will be noted on your runner bib, and your bib is your ticket into the concert (so don’t forget it). To pre-purchase concert tickets follow this link and choose the “Additional Purchase” option. Use password “BRM1550″ and then add your purchase. Please be sure to use the same name and email that you used to register for the race.
- Additional tickets will be available for purchase (if the concert hasn’t sold out) at registration/packet pickup and at the concert gate (show your runner bib to get discount.
Posted on July 5, 2013
As we gear up for the 2014 Foot Levelers Blue Ridge Marathon, we’re looking for a few wordsmiths to blog about the race, training for the race, and to host a race giveaway. All you need to do is enter information into the form below and you’re entered to become an Official Blogger.
Note: Previously running the BRM is not a prerequisite.
If chosen, you’ll receive a 2014 race entry (if you’re already entered, we can discuss alternatives) and an Official Blogger badge for your site. All we ask is that you host a race giveaway, blog at least once a month about the event, interact with our social media posts, and blog about your race weekend experience.
Deadline for entries is July 19. Bloggers will be announced Aug. 1, 2013.
Posted on May 7, 2013
Here are a few blogs we collected post 2013 BRM – enjoy! Did we miss one? Let us know and we’ll get it posted. Email pete @ roanoke.org.