Unless otherwise indicated, the entire road is closed to vehicular traffic for the times listed. If only a portion of the road is closed/open it will be indicated along with the direction of travel.
Friday (April 25, 2014 – we anticipate these being the same for April 17, 2015):
- Market and Wall Streets on both sides of the City Market Building (from Campbell to Salem Ave).
Saturday (April 26 – we anticipate these being the same for April 18, 2015):
- Jefferson Street (from Church Ave to Franklin Rd): 5:30am to 4:00pm
- Jefferson Street (from Franklin Rd. to Elm Ave): 5:30 am to 10:00 pm
- Jefferson Street (Southbound lanes from Campbell Ave to Franklin Rd): 5:30am to 8:00am
- Jefferson Street (Southbound lanes from Walnut Ave to McClanahan St): 7am-2:30pm.
- Jefferson Street (all lanes, from Elm Ave to Walnut Ave): 7:00am-8:00am
- Franklin Road (2nd St to Williamson Rd): 5:30am to 3:30pm
- Walnut Avenue (from Jefferson to JB Fishburn Parkway): all lanes closed 7:00am to 8:00am; Westbound lanes open at 8:00am; Eastbound lanes from Hamilton Terrace to JB Fishburn Parkway open at 8:00am; Eastbound Walnut Avenue Bridge opens at approximately 10:00 am.
- JB Fishburn Parkway (road up to Star): 7:30am to 9:30am
- Mill Mountain Parkway: 7:00am to approximately 11:30am (or when last runner clears the road)
- Roanoke Mountain Loop Road: 7:00am to 11:30am
- Wiley Drive (next to Rivers Edge Sports Complex): 8:00am to 1:00pm
- Luck Avenue (eastbound, from 6th Street to 1st Street): 7:30am to 3:30pm
- Bullitt Avenue (Eastbound lane, 1st St to Jefferson Street): 5:30am to 10:00pm
- Elm Avenue (1st St to Williamson Rd): 7:00am to 1:00pm
- Laurel Street (Southbound lane, Riverland Road to Walnut Avenue): 7:00am to 12:15pm
- Ivy Street (Northbound lane, Camilla to Walnut Avenue): 7:00am to 12:15pm
- Camilla Street (Eastbound lane, Ivy Street to Sylvan Avenue): 7:00am to 12:15pm
- Peakwood Drive (The “Uphill” Lane, entire length): 8:00am to 2:00pm
- West Ridge Road (The “Downhill” Lane, Peakwood Drive to Rosalind Ave): 8:00am to 2:00pm
- Winchester Ave (Eastbound lane, Main St to 12th St): 9:00am to 3:30pm
- 12th St (Wasena Ave to Winchester Ave): 9:00am to 3:30pm
- 8th St (Southbound, Day to Elm): 9:00am to 3:30pm
- Alleys between Elm and Luck: 9:00am to 3:30pm
No Parking Zones:
- There will be several areas marked “No Parking” for the event on Friday and/or Saturday. Major places include: There will be no parking along Avenham Avenue (Northbound side from Clydesdale to Broadway), S. Jefferson Street (Southbound side from 24th Street to McClanahan), Highland Avenue (Westbound side from Jefferson to Ferdinand), Ferdinand Avenue (Eastbound side from Highland to Main St), Walnut Avenue (Eastbound side from Belleview Ave to Sylvan Rd), and several areas downtown.
- There will be many additional stop signs in place along the route in South Roanoke and Old Southwest. Please drive slowly, be alert for new stop signs, and always yield to runners.