Get ready for the hardest road 10K you’ll ever run!
The Anthem Star 10K Course:
- Start/Finish at Elmwood Park (Jefferson St.)
- 2000′ of elevation change as you run up the Fishburn Parkway to the Star…then down the old toll road and back to the finish line
- Printable PDF course map
- Interactive Course Map
- USATF Course Map
- Corral Start System
- You have the option of forming your own Anthem Star 10K Team
- No limit on the number of team members
- All team members run together…if you so choose. This is not a relay.
- The Team Captain needs to register first and establish a “team name”…then everyone else can register and join that team
- Awards will be given – we’re not sure for what yet but some ideas we’re tossing around include most team members, best dressed, etc.
What you get:
- Chip timing
- Finisher medal
- Event shirt (must register by March 17, 2015 to be guaranteed a shirt).
- Customize the name on your runner bib
- Custom awards for age-category winners
- Corral Start System
- Fully stocked aid stations along course
- Variety of prizes for a variety of categories (e.g. best dressed, most team members, etc).
- Runner-only food tent at finish
- Access to Fleet Feet Recovery Zone featuring massages, chiropractic adjustments, and more
- Complimentary beer ticket
- Complimentary bag storage while you run
- Live music at the finish (part of Down by Downtown Music Festival)
- Discounted ticket prices on main music event (TBD) Saturday evening
- The experience of the toughest 10K ever
- Registration fees are based on tiered quotas, rather than calendar dates – meaning there are a finite number of spaces available at the different tiers. Register now to ensure the best rate. Registration for the Blue Ridge Marathon is handled by Active.com and closes April 14, 2015. You will be directed to the Active website to complete the registration process. There is $10 processing and handling fee for onsite registration (April 17, 3-8pm). There is no day-of registration.
Anthem Health Plans of Virginia, Inc. trades as Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Virginia, and its service area is all of Virginia except for the City of Fairfax, the Town of Vienna, and the area east of State Route 123. Independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. ® ANTHEM is a registered trademark of Anthem Insurance Companies, Inc. The Blue Cross and Blue Shield names and symbols are registered marks of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.