Get ready for the hardest road 10K you’ll ever run!
The Anthem Star K Course:
- Start/Finish at Elmwood Park (Jefferson St.)
- Staggered start – you’ll start minutes after the full/half marathon runners…catch them if you can
- 2000′ of elevation change as you run up the Fishburn Parkway to the Star…then down the old toll road and back to the finish line
- Interactive Course Map
- USATF Course Map
- Corral Start System
Anthem Star K Teams:
- You have the option of forming your own Anthem Star K Team
- No limit on the number of team members
- All team members run together…if you so choose. This is not a relay.
- The Team Captain needs to register first and establish a “team name”…then everyone else can register and join that team
- Awards will be given – we’re not sure for what yet but some ideas we’re tossing around include most team members, best dressed, etc.
What you get:
- Chip timing
- Finisher medal
- Event shirt
- Customize the name on your runner bib
- Custom awards for age-category winners
- Corral Start System
- Fully stocked aid stations along course
- Variety of prizes for a variety of categories (e.g. best dressed, most team members, etc).
- Runner-only food tent at finish
- Access to Fleet Feet Recovery Zone featuring massages, chiropractic adjustments, and more
- Complimentary beer ticket
- Live music at the finish (part of Down by Downtown Music Festival)
- Discounted ticket prices on main music event (TBD) Saturday evening
- The experience of the toughest 10K ever…plus you get to say you ran the very first-ever Anthem Star K
- $35 before 12/31
- $45 after 1/1
- If you are registering a team, the Captain needs to register first and establish a “team name”…then everyone else can register and join that team
- Registration for the Anthem Star K is handled by Active.com. Online registration closes at midnight April 23, 2014.
Anthem Health Plans of Virginia, Inc. trades as Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Virginia, and its service area is all of Virginia except for the City of Fairfax, the Town of Vienna, and the area east of State Route 123. Independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. ® ANTHEM is a registered trademark of Anthem Insurance Companies, Inc. The Blue Cross and Blue Shield names and symbols are registered marks of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.