Check back often for new and exciting events related to the Blue Ridge Marathon. We’ll try to include anything that will make your experience one to remember.
Friday, April 19
- Packet Pick Up/Expo (3-8pm) at the Taubman Museum of Art. Speed up check in by printing and completing your waiver/release and medical information sheets in advance.
- Foot Levelers will provide free foot scans. Enter to win a free pair of orthotics.
- Pick up last minute items from Fleet Feet.
- Silent auction for commemorative painting created exclusively for the marathon by Janet Wimmer.
- Foot Levelers Pasta Dinner with guest speaker Frank Shorter, Bart Yasso, and Bill Rodgers (limited to 200, register in advance) – 6:30-8:00pm
- Down by Downtown Music Festival – multiple venues throughout downtown – live music stage outside runner expo (Friday, April 19) – 5-10pm
- National Paddling Film Festival at Hollins University (7-9pm)
Saturday, April 20
- 5:30am-7:00am: Packet and chip pick up for those who didn’t make it to the expo (at Taubman Museum of Art)
- 7:30am: Full, Team Relay, and Half Marathon start
- 8:00am: YMCA Kids Marathon start at Kirk YMCA (one mile away from finish line). Kids finish at same finish line as everyone else.
- 11:00-5pm: Live music, beer garden, food vendors, climbing wall, bouncy rooms, and more at finish line area.
- Music is part of the Down by Downtown Music Festival (10am-5pm). After 5pm music moves to a variety of indoor locations spread throughout downtown.
- Noon: Half Marathon award ceremony inside Taubman Museum of Art – Black Box Theater.
- 2:00pm: Full Marathon award ceremony inside Taubman Museum of Art – Black Box Theater.