2021 Race Planning
The Foot Levelers Blue Ridge Marathon is committed to bringing you a safe, in-person event for 2021. One of the benefits of being a smaller scale, boutique race is that we can accommodate the details of COVID changes better than the giant races. We are considering potential modifications and working with epidemiologists to offer a low-risk event. Some changes may include staggered start times, distanced corrals, masking at start and aid stations, etc. Full details will be released prior to race day.
For runners who prefer not to travel or are at higher risk for COVID-related complications, we will be offering a virtual race as well.
2021 In-Person Race Considerations:
- No refunds will be allowed, but it is in our extreme best interest to host this race and we will do everything in our power to ensure that it takes place. If we are forced to cancel, then the race will take place virtually.
- Deferrals will be allowed to 2022 at a fee of $20/entry.
- Packet pick-up may not be at a traditional race expo. More details to be announced.
- Staggered start times may be required. Details will be released a minimum of 30 days prior to the race. If we decide to stagger start times, you will receive an email with directions to select a corral time for your race.
- The expo may be affected by these changes. We’re hoping to have more insight into this decision in early 2021.
- Water stations will be handled by volunteers wearing gloves and mask. Cups will be placed on tables for runners to grab.
- Medals may be handed to you after you finish, instead of putting them around your neck.
- Live results may be available online to avoid groups congregating around monitors.
- Food and Drinks may be pre-packaged at the end of the race.
- There may be no on-site awards ceremony.