On April 18, 2021, we hosted the largest outdoor event to date during the Covid-19 pandemic in Virginia. Having safely and successfully executed that event, we are confident that we can not only make 2022 and future events happen in person, but we can make them better than ever!
2022 Race Planning
The Foot Levelers Blue Ridge Marathon is committed to bringing you a safe, in-person event for 2022. While considering the safety of all attendees, we will be striving to make our event as normal as possible, with all the usual trimmings.
For runners who prefer not to travel or are at higher risk for COVID-related complications, virtual options are available. The deadline to switch from the in-person event to the virtual event is April 15 at 11:59pm.
2022 In-Person Race Considerations:
- No refunds will be allowed. If we are forced to cancel, the race will take place virtually.
- Deferrals will be allowed to 2023 at a fee of $20/entry. To defer your entry follow these instructions. The deadline to defer is April 12 at 8pm.
- Packet pick-up will take place outside in Elmwood Park. This is the same area as the starting line and finish festival, and we’re excited to have everything in one central location.
- There will be a packet pick-up on race day at Elmwood Park. Packet pick-up will be open from 6:00-7:15am for all events.
- Corrals and/or staggered start times may be implemented closer to race day, depending on local case numbers, regulations on events, and/or recommendations from local authorities.
- Aid stations will be self-serve. Food and drink will be re-stocked by volunteers wearing gloves.
- Live results will be available online. Click here to download the live runner tracking and live results app.