Presented by Family Service of Roanoke Valley
April 16, 2022
Now everyone can participate in the excitement of race day during “America’s Toughest Road Marathon.” Thanks to Carilion Children’s and Family Service of Roanoke Valley, we are offering families with kids of all ages a one-mile event. The race will be starting at Riverside Circle in 2021 to allow for social distancing and remove the out-and-back component of the course.
2021 race specifics and COVID safety requirements will be sent to all participants prior to race day.
- New Start Location: Carilion’s Riverside Circle next to River’s Edge Park North – View the new race course map
- Finish Location: Elmwood Park (Will need to stage a vehicle at the end or be willing to walk back to your car at Riverside)
- Race Start Time: 11 a.m. (we recommend being there a minimum of 15 minutes in advance)
- Light snacks & drinks to be provided by Carilion Children’s after race.
- Race shirt included for all ages except 2 & under.
- All participants will receive a medal when crossing the finish line.
Family 1 Miler Registration
- $8/child (Children 2 & under are FREE. No need to register just sign waiver at packet pick-up)
- 12+ years old can run the mile without a guardian running with them (parents please accompany child to start/finish area regardless of age)
- $35/family (4+ participants)
- Simply select the option that suits your families needs. If you just have a parent/child duo, then just register for two. If the whole family wants to join then we don’t want you to break the bank, so please select the family option.
Worried about crowds and parking? Take a deep breath, we’ve got you covered…
We have received feedback from our participants that there is plenty of parking in downtown Roanoke on race day, click here for a google maps of all surrounding parking garages. Once you park, just look for the large teal colored “Family 1 Miler” signs at the starting line where we will reserve a space for you and your family to safely gather.
Family Service of Roanoke Valley
The mission of Family Service of Roanoke Valley (FSRV) is to transform lives by healing trauma and restoring hope for families and individuals of all ages through mental health counseling, case management and life skills education. The FSRV coordinates the annual Global Youth Service Day in the Roanoke Valley. Global Youth Service Day is the largest service event in the world and the only one that celebrates the contributions that children make in our society.
Have questions? Contact Family Service of Roanoke Valley