April 15, 2022
- Fleet Feet Sports Shake Out (warm up) run. CANCELLED
- 12:00-8:00PM: Packet Pick Up/Expo at Berglund Hall at the Berglund Center on Williamson Rd about 1.5 miles from downtown Roanoke.
- Foot Levelers will provide free foot scans. Enter to win a free pair of orthotics.
- Pick up last minute items from Fleet Feet Sports Roanoke.
- All official merchandise is ONLINE only this year. Purchase by April 6 in order to pick up at the expo. After that all items will be shipped when the store closes on April 25.
- Pasta Dinner and Friday Runner Welcome Party have both been cancelled for 2021. We’re trying to host a safe, streamlined foot race for all our athletes. Most periphery events had to be removed to get city permitting approval. Anyone who purchased a pasta dinner should have received a full refund, please reach out if not.
- Freedom First Down by Downtown will be offering socially distanced live music options at breweries, restaurants and venues throughout down Roanoke April 15-18.
April 16, 2022
No spectators will be allowed at the start/finish area in 2021. This includes the entire Elmwood amphitheater which will be used for runner staging and recovery.
- 5:30-7:00AM: Packet and chip pick up on Elmwood Park Stage for those who didn’t make it Friday.
- 2021 Staggered Start Times: Due to COVID all the races will have socially-distanced corrals with staggered start times. A detailed email will be sent to all runners, and corral information will be printed on your bib and packet.
- 7:35AM: Full Marathon, Double Marathon (Lap 2) and Team Relay race start (report directly to corrals starting at 6:45am)
- 8:00AM: Half Marathon race start (Runners will stage in the amphitheater until called up to move into your corrals. You may not enter the amphitheater until 7:30am)
- 8:30AM: Star 10K race start (Runners will stage in the amphitheater until called up to move into your corrals. You may not enter the amphitheater until 7:30am)
- 11:00AM: Family 1 Miler – start location will be at Riverside Circle at River’s Edge in 2021. The route will run one mile to the finish area at Elmwood. Runners will have to stage a vehicle to drive back, or walk back to the cars at River’s Edge.
- A corral system is used to position runners for start based on pace times.
- Awards Ceremonies: We will host in-person awards ceremonies in the amphitheater immediately following each race distance. If you finish after the ceremony time report to the amphitheater stage to pick up your trophy.
- 10:30am: Anthem Star K award ceremony on Elmwood Park Stage.
- 11:30am: Half Marathon award ceremony at Elmwood Park Stage.
- 12:30pm: Full Marathon, Double Marathon & Relay award ceremony at Elmwood Park Stage.
- 5:30-10:00PM: Down by Downtown Concert in Elmwood Park – Join us for a pod concert in Elmwood Park, where you and up to four friends can relax in a socially-distanced setting and enjoy some canned beers and live music in our outdoor amphitheater. Picnics and outside food are allowed, one food truck available onsite. Masks required when outside your pod (porta potties, beer line, etc.). Just $10/person.
April 16, 2022
- 9:00AM: America’s Slowest 5K – the greatest recovery run ever. Coffee, donuts and a Slow K mug instead of a t-shirt.