Friday, April 21, 2023
- 3:00-8:00PM Welcome Party!
- 3-8pm Packet Pick Up begins at the park at 3pm.
- 3-8pm Race Expo
- Catch up on the new offerings from Altra, the Official Shoe of the Blue Ridge Marathon.
- Peruse race merch and pick up last-minute items from Fleet Feet Sports Roanoke.
- Take a Course Highlights Tour on the Beats Per Mile Entertainment Bus! Tickets are only $12 and can be purchased here. The 50-minute tours are limited and will run at 3:00, 4:00 and 5:00. Reserve your seat now.
- 4-8pm Freedom First Down by Downtown Music Festival on stage. Friday’s show is FREE.
- Freedom First Down by Downtown in its second day features live music in a dozen venues within a short walk, scooter, or rideshare from Elmwood Park. Plan to spend a little time sampling Roanoke’s lively music scene at some point during the weekend!
Saturday, April 22, 2023 – RACE DAY!
- 1:00AM/2:30AM: Double Marathon starts! Doublers, see pre-race emails for details.
- 5:30-7:00AM: Packet Pick Up on Elmwood Park Stage for those who didn’t make it Friday. No race day registration.
- 7:35AM: Race Start!
- Awards Ceremonies: We will host awards ceremonies on Elmwood Park Stage.
- 10:30am: Anthem Star 10K
- 12:00pm: Half Marathon
- 2:00pm: Full Marathon, Double Marathon & Relay
- 8:00AM-3:00PM: Finish Festival at the Finish Line in Elmwood Park
- Cheer for runners as they come down the chute to the Finish.
- Runners stop by the Recovery Zone managed by Fleet Feet Sports and refuel in Food Tent. Massage, physical therapy, ice footbaths, and more!
- Last chance for 2023 race merch.
- Freedom First Down by Downtown Shows are going all day, from acoustic sets to rock n roll, chill outdoor patios to late-night party scenes, and everything in between. You’re bound to find at least one show worth a stop.
- Grab Dinner in Downtown Roanoke. We have great food here, you won’t go wrong.
- 5:30-10:00PM: Join us back at the Elmwood stage for a live music celebration. Runners will take $10 off if you wear your medal or present your bib.
Sunday April 23, 2023
- 9:00AM: America’s Slowest 5K – the greatest recovery run ever. Coffee, donuts and a Slow K mug instead of a t-shirt.
That’s all, folks! We hope you have a great weekend and be sure to tag us when you post! #RunBlueRidge #DxDT @blueridgemarathon