16-Week Full Marathon Virtual Training Plan- $49:
Full Start Date: Monday, December 28, 2020
With over 7,400 ft. in elevation change, this race is not for the faint at heart. But if you’re looking at this webpage then we know you’re the type who likes a good challenge. With the help from our experienced race director, coaches and experts from Blue Ridge Racing we have customized a multi-faceted training strategy that will safely bring you across the finish line so you can once and for all check “America’s Toughest” off your bucket list.
Included in the 16-Week Plan:
- E-Welcome Packet: After registering for the program you will receive a detailed electronic welcome packet preparing you mentally for the training weeks ahead. The packet will be sent out 7 days prior to your first training run. The packet will include a week-by-week training schedule, weekly topic outline (so you can see if your questions will be covered), introductory letter, a bio of each of our coaches, and a link to the closed Facebook group.
- Weekly Training Schedule: (First Training Run: December 28th): Our Training schedules are tailor-made to the course that you are preparing to race! We include hill workouts, alternate workouts for those that don’t have hills to train on, and traditional marathon-specific workouts. We have a plan that’s right for you- choose from beginner, intermediate or advanced!
- Closed Facebook Group for virtual training program participants only. This will be a forum for you to chat with other runners training with you and ask questions for coaches to answer in the weekly Zoom session.
- Weekly Live Q&A via Zoom: Each week, we will host a live Q&A session where we will chat about a current topic or have a conversation with a special guest all while answering your questions. These sessions will be posted to the Closed Facebook Group & Website for you to watch later if you can’t join us live.
- Weekly Newsletters With Custom Topics: While registering online you will be asked a series of questions about your goals, challenges, expectations as well as topics that you’d like to see covered. Our experts will take this information to create weekly informative newsletters.
- Instruction Videos & Targeted Weekly Topics: Each week our coaches will record videos or create newsletter topics that are relevant to runners during particular times of your training. You don’t need to know about injury prevention in Week 14, or Race Day Strategy on Week 1. We’ll update you with data as it becomes relevant to your training so the information is manageable and easy to digest. (Topic Examples: Strength training and conditioning for hills, pacing & speed work, injury prevention, safely running downhill, and information about not running too many hills)
- Race Weekend Friends & Support: While you may be training hundreds of miles away, the Blue Ridge Marathon is a challenge that ties people together. As soon as you register for our virtual training program you will be joining a group of passionate runners all dedicating themselves to the same journey. Join the other runners for the Shakeout Run (Friday morning before race day), and meet up on race day for a group photo and snag a running buddy or pace setter if you want one!
Registration for the full marathon training program will be open until January 4, 2021 (midnight) seven days after the first training run included in the schedule. No new program trainees will be accepted beyond that date, and if you do register late there is no compensation for days missed.
Questions?? Contact Blue Ridge Racing via email.