Shared from RoanokeOutside.com
There’s still plenty of time to register for the Anthem Star 10K, one of the most popular distances for runners of all levels. The 10K option is a great introduction to America’s Toughest Road Marathon while still providing the challenge that comes with Foot Levelers Blue Ridge Marathon race weekend.
The Anthem Star 10K route takes runners up Mill Mountain to the Star and back to the finish downtown.
Just because the distance is shorter, it’s not for the faint of heart. There’s 2,000 feet of elevation change but the view from the top of Mill Mountain is worth every bit of it.
One of the best parts of the Anthem Star 10K is that you’ll finish faster and have even more time to spend at the finish festival. Enjoy a complimentary beer, grab a bite to eat from a local food truck, and sit back and enjoy plenty of live music on the Elmwood Park stage as part of the Down by Downtown Music Festival.
The 10K option is a great challenge for all ages and new or experienced runners. Register today and join the fun!
The Anthem Star 10K is just one of the Foot Levelers Blue Ridge Marathon races this year.
- Foot Levelers Blue Ridge Marathon: 26.2 miles of mountains, including 7,430 feet of elevation change
- Half Marathon: 13.1 miles of mountains with, 3,790 feet of elevation change
- Double Marathon: Two laps around America’s Toughest Road Marathon course – 52.4 miles – and it is sold out (watch for the double crew as they start Lap 2 with the rest of the pack)
- 4-Person Relay: Team tackles the marathon course together
- Anthem Star 10K: The popular option includes 6.2 miles up Mill Mountain and back down the old toll road
- Carilion Children’s Family 1-Miler: A fun run for any ability or age that starts allows participants to cross the official Blue Ridge Marathon finish line
Blue Ridge Marathon Races
- When: Saturday, April 22 at 7:35 a.m.
- Where: Starts and finishes at Elmwood Park
- Register: Online