COVID UPDATE: The 2021 expo and race-related festivities details have changed and include safety protocol based on state guidelines. Please carefully read all details as times and locations may have changed. Click for full COVID-related updates.
2021 TEMPORARY EXPO LOCATION: BERGLUND HALL
Extended Expo Hours: 12-8pm
**Busy hours tend to be from 5-7pm, we recommend coming earlier if possible to avoid wait times.
The race expo will be held at an alternate location, Berglund Hall at the Berglund Center just this year to allow for social distancing and added ventilation. Limited vendors and sponsors will be featured onsite, masking will be required for all. A limited number of participants will be allowed through at a time, all one-way traffic and please refrain from loitering at any vendor for too long.
We strongly encourage all runners to pick up their own race packet at the Packet Pick Up and Expo. It is important for runners to verify their data and make any necessary changes. However, if it is not possible for you to pick-up your own packet, you may have someone pick it up for you. That person will be responsible for verifying personal race information (name, age, birthdate, etc.) and MUST bring a copy of your drivers license (or valid photo ID).
BERGLUND HALL (AT THE BERGLUND CENTER)
Friday, April 16, 2021
- SHAKE OUT RUN WITH FLEET FEET: In-person shake out is cancelled for 2021, but you we’ll have a greenway course for those visiting from out of town, and discounts from Fleet Feet for those who are in town.
- RACE EXPO & PACKET PICK-UP: 12:00-8:00PM: Packet and timing chip pick up at Berglund Hall. Valid photo ID must be shown. If you are picking up for someone else you must have a copy of their ID.
- The expo venue will have a 450 person capacity, so please try avoid peak hours of 4:30-6:30pm.
- There are NO EXPO or ONSITE REGISTRATIONS this year. The absolute deadline to register for the race is April 13 at 8pm.
- Pick up last-minute runner items, giveaways and swag from Fleet Feet Roanoke. The online store will be open until April 25 and is the main way we’ll be selling 2021 Blue Ridge branded merchandise. Store is pre-order only, all items will be mailed after the store closes.
- Foot Levelers will be offering free foot scanning for those interested in learning more about any issues they may be having.
- Freedom First Federal Credit Union will have their famous FREE ice cream truck out from of Berglund Hall starting at noon.
- CORA Physical Therapy will be at the expos offering free pre-race kinesiotaping, complimentary injury screenings, muscle roll-out, post-race stretching and vasopnuematic compression, ice massage and more.
- AFTER THE EXPO: Check out Down by Downtown venues throughout the city. They will be offering socially-distanced entertainment and dining throughout the city. Check out www.visitvbr.com for a full list of dining options.
- Monday (race week): 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Wednesday (race week): 4 p.m.-7 p.m.
Berglund Hall (At the Berglund Center)
- Friday (race week): noon-7 p.m.