2023 Ambassador Program – Applications Open!
The Foot Levelers Blue Ridge Marathon is assembling a select team of ambassadors for America’s Toughest Road Races™. The race date is Saturday, April 22, 2023.
If you love the Blue Ridge Marathon, you could be a good fit. Furthermore, if you could talk to anyone about how much you love the challenge, the beauty, and all the fun weekend experiences, then you may be a great fit for this team. We’re looking for athletes of all abilities and backgrounds who love telling stories, encouraging other runners, and bringing folks together to do crazy things–like run up mountains!
Our goal this year is to reach runners who have yet to run one of our races. To that end, there are a few new projects for this year’s Ambassadors. We’re not simply interested in social media followership, though that is a big help. We are looking for folks with a community mindset who can connect with running groups, host events, and help us creatively reach a wider audience. If you love the idea of working on a team like this, please apply!
If you’d like to talk with our staff before applying, reach out!
- Free race entry to the race of your choice (full, half, double, or 10k)
- Free concert ticket to the Down by Downtown Music Festival
- Exclusive discount codes for your followers.
- Support from our event manager & race director. Questions? Send over an email now.
- We will have virtual team meetings each month and you will join a private Facebook group for Ambassadors and Street Team members.
- High performing ambassadors will be gifted a selection of exclusive race swag and additional race weekend perks including potential entries to give away! Top performing ambassadors will receive a prize, to be announced.
- If you live ~4-7 hours from Roanoke, we may be able to help with transportation costs to make your journey possible. Just include those details in your application. Only influencers with a following of 5,000 or more will be considered for fees or travel reimbursement.
- Deadline for entries is November 16, 2022, and selected ambassadors will be announced shortly after.
- If selected, your responsibilities will include things like regular posting to social media, engaging with the brand across all platforms, creating blogs, vlogs, and reels.
- We are also looking for people who will host running meet-ups and events in locations outside of the Roanoke region. If selected, we will provide you with an event kit of details and swag to help spread the word.
- The Ambassador team will be smaller group than in past years. If you are not selected, however, you may be given the option to join our new Street Team and still benefit from race perks and a chance to upgrade to the Ambassador Program depending on your efforts.
Running Club Discounts?
If you are part of a running club and would like to set up a meet-up at the upcoming Blue Ridge Marathon as well as secure an exclusive club discount for registration, please contact Kait Pedigo with details like where your club is, how many runners are in it, do you all travel, etc.. email: firstname.lastname@example.org.