FOR 2021 THERE WILL BE NO EXPO REGISTSRATIONS! ONLINE REGISTRATION WILL END ON TUESDAY, APRIL 13 AT 8PM.
Registration for the Blue Ridge Marathon is handled by RunSignUp.
Register early to ensure the best rate, price increases will occur periodically throughout the year until the full price is reached. There is $10 processing and handling fee for onsite (at expo/packet pick-up) registrations. There is no day-of registration.
Double Marathon Pricing: $110-$130
Full Marathon Pricing: $90-$110
Half Marathon Pricing: $75-$95
Star 10k Pricing: $40-$50
Marathon Team Relay Pricing: $275-$350 (~$68-$87/person)
Family 1 Miler: $8/child; $12/adult or $35/family of 3 or more
- The entry fee is non-refundable and your bib (once printed) is non-transferable.
- Once your entry fee is received, you cannot receive a refund. If you are registered for a marathon you may transfer down to a shorter distance at no additional cost, however no refund for the price difference will be allocated. You can also transfer up to a longer race distance and just pay the difference in cost. Click for more transfer instructions.
- If RunSignUp is trying to charge you the full amount of the race please contact us.
- Self-deferment will be allowed $20 fee. This won’t be available until the following year registration is live, typically a couple months prior to race day.
- Click here for instructions on how to defer in RunSignUp.
- Deferral without a medical note will be allowed until March 25.
- From March 25-April 14 deferrals will require documentation and will be allowed on a case by case period. Absolutely no deferrals will be allowed after online registration closes on April 14 at 11:59pm.
- The race directors reserve the right to transport racers to the finish area if not across the finish line by the cutoff times.
- Full Marathon: 7.5 hours (With a 6 hr. and 22. min cut off at mile 22)
- Half Marathon & 10k: 6 hours
- That makes the required pace for the full marathon a 17:10 min/mile pace, and 27:30 pace for the half. Anyone who cannot maintain the minimum pace will be pulled from the course. This is regulation is for your safety and well-being. All walkers will be required to walk on the sidewalks whenever applicable. The following cutoff points will be strictly enforced for the full marathon:
- 11:00 AM at mile 11.8 (Mill Mtn Spur/Fishburn Parkway)
- 11:45 AM at mile 14.4 (Walnut Ave/Sylvan Rd)
- 12:25 PM at mile 16.9 (Somerset/Clydesdale)
- 1:15 PM at mile 19.7 (27th/Crystal Spring)
- 1:55 PM at mile 22 (Jefferson St/Highland Ave)
NUMBER OF RUNNERS
- Double Marathon is limited to 150 runners.
- Full Marathon is limited to 750 runners.
- Four Person Relay is limited to 25 teams.
- There is no cap on the half marathon, Star 10K, or Family 1 Miler.
Walkers are permitted to enter both the full and half marathon. Please be aware there is an 7.5-hour time limit. See cutoff time details in the “Cut-off Times” description above.
UNDER 18 POLICY
The Blue Ridge Marathon Organizing Committee permits runners under the age of 18 to participate in the half marathon and Star 10K (with parent signature). You must be 18 or older on the day of the event to participate in the Marathon.
There will be no onsite registrations at the 2021 expo and packet pick-up on Friday, April 16. We strongly encourage all runners to pick up their own race packet at the Packet Pick Up at Berglund Hall. It is important for runners to verify their data and make any necessary changes. However, if it is not possible for you to pick-up your own packet, you may have someone pick it up for you. That person will be responsible for verifying personal race information (name, age, birth date, etc.) and MUST bring a copy of your drivers license (or valid photo ID).
INCLEMENT WEATHER & CANCELLATION POLICY
- Race officials may cancel, delay, or change the event in case of extreme weather, terrorist threats, “Acts of God” or any other unforeseen conditions that may affect the safety and health of the participants. Registrations will be non-refundable or deferral.
- SEVERE WEATHER POLICY: In the event of severe weather, the race director may decide to shut down the course. Should that happen, volunteer course marshals will be released from their positions; runners will be notified and asked to take shelter at the next aid station and wait for a shuttle bus to take them to the finish line. If you refuse to take shelter and continue on the course, you do so at your own risk. Entry fees are nonrefundable.
- Read full race waiver agreed to upon registering for any event or distance related to the Blue Ridge Marathon.
11-19; 20-24; 25-29; 30-34; 35-39; 40-44; 45-49; 50-54; 55-59; 60-64; 65-69, and 70+
BIB NUMBER REQUIREMENTS
- All registered runners will receive a bib number that must be worn on race day. If you are not wearing your bib during the race, you will be considered a bandit runner and will be escorted off the course.
- The bib must be visible and worn on the front outside of all clothing during the entire race.
- Please fill in the necessary medical and emergency contact information on the back of the bib number. Use a pen or waterproof marker.
- Do not alter the bib in any way.
- Bib numbers are non-transferable and must be worn by the registrant to whom they have been assigned.
- We use disposable chip timing system and software.
- All registrants will receive a disposable chip that must be worn.
- Awards for the overall winners will be based on start (gun) time; age category winners will be determined by chip time.
- Chip times will be used for your official running time and on your certificate of race completion.