Registration for the Blue Ridge Marathon is handled by Active.com. Online registration closes at midnight (EST) April 23, 2014.
- Saturday, April 26, 2014
- All Marathon and Half Marathon finishers will receive a commemorative finisher’s medal. Age group awards will be presented for both events to the top 3 male & female finishers in the age groups.
- In addition, top 3 overall for both the full and half marathon receive these awards.
- The Marathon and Half-Marathon will start together at 7:35 AM. Click here for YMCA Kids Marathon info.
- Before 12/31: $80.00
- Before 3/17: $90.00
- Through: 4/23: $100.00
- Before 12/31: $65.00
- Before 3/17: $75.00
- Through: 4/23: $85.00
Star K (10K)
- $35 if registered before 12/31
- $45 through 4/23
YMCA Kids Marathon
- Click here for info.
There will be NO same day registration for any events.
- All participants registered before March 27, 2014 will receive an event shirt. Additional shirts will be available at packet pickup, on a first-come-first-serve basis for those who register after March 27.
- The race directors reserve the right to transport racers to the finish area if not across the finish line by the cutoff times.
- All Races: 8 hours
NUMBER OF RUNNERS
- Full Marathon limited to 750 runners. There is no cap on the half marathon and team relay.
- Walkers are permitted to enter both the full and half marathon. Please be aware there is an 8-hour time limit. Walkers and runners will be picked up in a support van if they do not reach certain checkpoints within the allotted time.
UNDER 18 POLICY
- The Blue Ridge Marathon Organizing Committee permits runners aged 15 to 17 to participate in the half marathon (with parent signature). You must be 18 or older on the day of the event to participate in the Marathon.
- We strongly encourage all runners to pick up their own race packet at the Packet Pick Up and Expo on Friday at the City Market Building from 3:00 pm to 8:00pm. It is important for runners to verify their data and make any necessary changes. However, if it is not possible for you to pick-up your own packet, you may have someone pick it up for you. That person will be responsible for verifying personal race information (name, age, birthdate, etc.) and MUST bring a copy of your drivers license (or valid photo ID) and a release/waiver signed by you – click here to download the release and medical information sheet.
- The entry Fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Once your entry fee is received, you cannot receive a refund. If you are registered for a marathon you may transfer down to the half marathon. You can transfer to a lesser distance without a refund of the difference! It is recommended that you make your house rental or room reservation prior to registration. If you are flying to the event, you should also make your air reservations prior to registering.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
- Race officials may cancel, delay, or change the event in case of extreme weather or other conditions that may affect the safety and health of the participants.
- SEVERE WEATHER POLICY: In the event of severe weather, the race director may decide to shut down the course. Should that happen, volunteer course marshals will be released from their positions; runners will be notified and asked to take shelter at the next aid station and wait for a shuttle bus to take them to the finish line. If you refuse to take shelter and continue on the course, you do so at your own risk.
- Entry fees are nonrefundable.
- 11-19; 20-24; 25-29; 30-34; 35-39; 40-44; 45-49; 50-54; 55-59; 60-64; 65-69, and 70+
BIB NUMBER REQUIREMENTS
- All registered runners will receive a bib number that must be worn on race day. If you are not wearing your bib during the race, you will be considered a bandit runner and will be escorted off the course.
- The bib must be visible and worn on the front outside of all clothing during the entire race.
- Please fill in the necessary medical and emergency contact information on the back of the bib number. Use a pen or waterproof marker.
- Do not alter the bib in any way.
- Bib numbers are non-transferable and must be worn by the registrant to whom they have been assigned.
- We use disposable chip timing system and software.
- All registrants will receive a disposable chip that must be worn.
- Awards for the overall winners will be based on start time; age category winners will be determined by chip time.
- Chip times will be used for your official running time and on your certificate of race completion.
Registration for the Blue Ridge Marathon is handled by Active.com. Online registration closes at midnight April 23, 2014.